Canadian Mental Health Association Certified Psychological Health and Safety Advisor Training
CMHA’s certified Psychological Health and Safety Advisor Training program will help individuals who are working to improve psychological health and safety in workplaces or implement Canada’s National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (the Standard).
In developing this ground-breaking certification course, the CMHA Workforce Mental Health Collaborative hopes to break down barriers and seize opportunities for those who are supporting implementation of the Standard.
Employers will see those with this certification as having the practical expertise to help improve psychological health and safety or implement the Standard in their workplaces.
After your training you should be able to:
- State and demonstrate your ability to adhere to the overarching principles of a CMHA Certified PH&S Advisor.
- Align PHS with organizational goals and
- Prepare employers to proceed with a psychological health and safety
- Apply tools to assess and analyze psychological health and
- Develop implementation plans based on evaluation results
- Assess and evaluate implementation plans
The certification training has been developed to provide an experiential learning opportunity for participants so they can better support organizations of all sizes. Participants are provided with hands-on experience of the key questions, challenges and opportunities of organizations striving to implement psychological health and safety within their workplaces.
It is focused on developing competency in accessing and utilizing a multitude of tools and resources in order to be able to:
- Demonstrate to senior leaders and other key stakeholders the value and benefits of improved psychological health and safety in their workplaces and how implementation of the Standard can support this
- Help employers to understand the scope and process of collecting qualitative and quantitative data in order to establish baseline
- Analyze and assess data to identify opportunities for reducing hazards and risks to the
- Recommend appropriate action plans that are in line with the organization’s constraints, demands, and current
- Support implementation of the action plans
- Establish appropriate monitoring, reporting, and review processes with a goal of continual improvement
Duration: 4 half days Cost: $1,250 per participant (Virtual)
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this training administered?
CMHA National is proud to offer our certified Psychological Health and Safety Advisory Training program virtually. We will provide the link to connect virtually. You will need access to a webcam, microphone and good internet connection.
Who should take this training?
This training is geared towards a variety of individuals who are tasked with addressing psychological health and safety in the workplace. For example, individuals who work in Human Resources, Occupational Health Safety, Health and Wellness, Health and Safety, Disability Management or are external workplace consultants are encouraged to register.
Are there any pre-requisites for this training?
There are no pre-requisites for this training. However, it is important for participants to have good knowledge of the National Standard on Psychological Health and Safety.
Is there any pre-work for the training?
Yes, there will be 4-6 hours of pre-work before the training. Participants will receive an email at least 1 month prior to the training that will contain pre-work readings and a quiz.
How is the training structured over the four days?
Using a case study, each participant will be assigned to a group that will create a presentation for each of the three modules: Presenting the Business Case, Preparing for the Assessment Process, and Making Recommendations.
Participants will be scored on their proven ability to adhere to the CMHA Certified PH&S Advisor Principles as well as the specific Objectives for each module.
Is there a final exam at the end of the training?
No, there is not a final exam at the end of the training.
Do I have to attend the full four-day course?
In order to receive certification, and to fully benefit from the training, all participants must complete the four-day consecutive training program.
Contact CMHA National Workplace Mental Health at email@example.com for more information.