Psychological Health and Safety Champion Training
Developed as a stepping stone to our Advisor Training, this 3-hour online interactive training program focuses on giving you the foundational knowledge required to begin addressing psychological health and safety (PHS) in your workplace. Using the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety as a guide, participants will learn about the history and development of PHS in Canada, gain understanding of core concepts like psychological health, safety, and risk, as well as receive an expert overview of the core components of the Standard. Using a case study approach, participants will be able to apply their knowledge in order to practice articulating the benefits of addressing PHS and determining initial actions to begin improving PHS in the workplace.
- Learn and understand definitions of psychological health, safety and risk.
- Understand the parallels between OHS and PHS, including legislative and regulatory overlap.
- Define core elements of the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
- Identify reasons to address psychological health and safety, including a review of current evidence.
- Practice identifying opportunities for action to address psychological health and safety
CMHA Certified Psychological Health and Safety Advisor (PH&S Advisor)
This groundbreaking certification training program is for individuals and consultants who want to help organizations improve psychological health and safety in their workplaces or implement the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace (the Standard).
This certification has been developed to provide an experiential learning opportunity for Advisors so they can better support organizations of all sizes. After this training, Advisors will be able to address employers’ challenges, obstacles, and needs related to psychological health and safety.
View a list of some of our CMHA Certified Psychological Health and Safety (PH&S) Advisors here.
Read more about CMHA’s workplace certification training program, including frequently asked questions here.
For Information please send us an email at email@example.com.
*Please note, each participant is required to complete 4-6 hours of pre-work prior to attending the session.