National Senior Sales Manager, Workplace Mental Health
Full Time, Permanent Position
The Canadian Mental Health Association is seeking qualified applicants for the role of National Senior Sales Manager, Workplace Mental Health to join the National Office team for an opportunity to really make a difference in Canadians’ mental health. This role is for you if you are a sales professional looking to join an already strong team and are self-motivated to contribute positively to the lives of people and communities. In order to qualify you must possess strong background and understanding of the workplace mental health space and demonstrated ability to build and execute detailed strategic sales plans.
About CMHA: Founded in 1918, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is the most established, most extensive community mental health organization in Canada. Through a presence in more than 330 communities across every province and one territory, CMHA provides advocacy and resources that help to prevent mental health problems and illnesses, support recovery and resilience, and enable all Canadians to flourish and thrive. Our vision is a Canada where mental health is a human right. In 2021, CMHA was chosen as one of Canada’s best places to work by Forbes magazine.
Position Summary: The role offers a unique opportunity to play a key role in contributing to employee wellness in Canadian workplaces. Reporting to the Director this position will lead strategic sales planning of Not Myself Today products and program. You will be responsible for professional sales conduct and be successful in the sales role with a proven ability to work as part of a team. You are expected to understand the linkage between your personal brand and your ability to sell while acting with integrity, drive results, and engage in continuous improvement of Not Myself Today products/toolkits.
Location: This position will be based at our office, located in downtown Toronto. However, until further notice, staff are working from home.
- Strategic planning to determine direction of Not Myself Today sales:
- Design a strategic sales plan that expands Not Myself Today products’ customer base and ensure its strong presence in the employee wellness sphere.
- Understand and stay abreast of all competitive workplace mental health products and programs and strategize on how to position CMHA National’s offerings within the competitive space.
- Consult with workplace mental health specialists, human resource departments, wellness and other committees, regarding organizational wellness and employee issues to help improve Not Myself Today products/toolkits.
- Assess marketing potential of new and existing Not Myself Today products/toolkits.
- Tactical planning to put into effect the sales strategy:
- Develop and implement an operation plan for sales, to reach annual new business, renewal business and additional materials sales and targets.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability of Not Myself Today products/toolkits.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures, determine price schedules and discount rates for Not Myself Today products/toolkits.
- Provide oversight, direction and support to the team working on these initiatives in accordance with workplace mental health practices.
- Achieve and/or exceed sales targets with high levels of client satisfaction:
- Prospect, sell and present Not Myself Today products/toolkits and other Workplace Mental Health products to the market.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver online and in-person awareness session and toolkit demonstrations to prospective customers across sectors and geographies.
- Actively prospect to identify and understand customer business needs and provide compelling information on our Workplace Mental Health products.
- Maintain accountability for assigned sectors and industries by focusing and delivering on customer satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Strengthen existing customer base and relationships:
- Enhance the relationships and support growth of key accounts to optimize the portfolio by monitoring customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Collect compile and monitor customer feedback and program usage for Not Myself Today® using a variety of tools and strategies including client surveys, web metrics, etc.
- Lead the development of a Not Myself Today marketing strategy:
- Create a marketing strategy that aligns with the sales strategy and determine the optimum funnel/channels for moving potential clients through awareness to contemplation to acquisition.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to plan and execute marketing activities and campaign(s) that are insight-driven, effective and drive appropriate awareness and growth.
- Collaborate with the marketing communications and workplace mental health team to generate content and creative assets such as promotional videos, web copy, email marketing to drive sales.
- Support day to day operations and management of the sales team:
- Manage recruitment, objectives setting, coaching and performance evaluation of NMT sales team/account managers.
- Direct, coordinate, and review inventory levels with fulfilment team to ensure functional effectiveness and record-keeping for fulfilling and dispatching orders.
- Actively participate in team meetings and provide input/suggestion/feedback on initiatives within the scope of the Workplace Mental Health team.
- Continuously engage with CMHA divisions/branches/regions to promote workplace mental health across CMHA Federation.
Education & Qualification:
- Graduate degree in related discipline i.e. preferably in Sales, Healthcare, Behavioral Health, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Background/certification in Mental Health would be an asset.
- Designated Sales Professional with Canadian Professional Sales Association is an asset such as Certified Sales Professional (CSP) or Certified Sales Leader (CSL).
- 10 years of related experience in sales, business development and account management.
- 7 years’ experience in a senior sales role in a business, services provider, insurance and/or an HR consulting services.
- Mental health/healthcare experience preferred.
- Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge related to workplace mental health and quickly assimilate new knowledge.
- Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in workplace mental health capabilities and mental health sector knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of a broad range of psycho-education principles, topics, and best-practices.
- Expert working knowledge using Salesforce, Microsoft Office product suite required.
- Strong background and understanding of the workplace mental health space.
- Proven sales track record and ability to prospect and close deals.
- Strong consultative selling and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, creatively, and strategically when establishing customer needs and developing solutions.
- Strong customer service orientation and a commitment to serve customers and management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, relationship management, and presentation skills.
- Innovative thinker with strong organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Proficient critical and analytical thinking, problem solving and judgment abilities.
- Effectively able to work under pressure and manage change in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision in a remote work setting.
- Capability to work independently or within group dynamics as required.
- Highly motivated and passionate about mental health.
- Bilingual (French & English) would be an asset to serve Francophone customers/market.
Compensation: $80,000 – $90,000 per year commensurate with level of education, credentials, and experience; along with commissions, benefits, a flexible work environment and a workplace culture committed to personal wellbeing and psychological safety.
Working conditions: This is a full-time position, working standard office hours (currently 35 hours/week). This position functions in a normal office environment, using typical office equipment, with extended periods of sitting, telephone interaction and/or working at a computer and no unusual physical demands. During the COVID pandemic, National staff are primarily working virtually. The individual will be expected to travel when its safe to do so in line with government regulations and travelling would be 50% of your time.
Are you a fit?
If you are interested in applying for the role, please submit a PDF copy of your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23, 2021. The subject line should mention “National Senior Sales Manager, WMH”. We thank you for your interest and please note that only those identified for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about CMHA, visit: www.cmha.ca
CMHA is committed to our workforce reflecting the diversity of the communities within which we work. As such, we encourage applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the diversity of our staff.