National Manager, Digital Marketing
Full Time, Contract Position
The Canadian Mental Health Association is seeking qualified applicants for the role of a National Manager, Digital Marketing to join the National Office team for a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal. This role is for you if you are self-motivated, a fast learner who follows trends and innovation in digital media and communications and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in Canadians’ mental health.
About CMHA: Founded in 1918, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is the most established, most extensive community mental health organization in Canada. Through a presence in more than 330 communities across every province and one territory, CMHA provides advocacy and resources that help to prevent mental health problems and illnesses, support recovery and resilience, and enable all Canadians to flourish and thrive. Our vision is a Canada where mental health is a human right. In 2021, CMHA was chosen as one of Canada’s best places to work by Forbes magazine.
Position Summary: Reporting to the National Director of Communications in Toronto, Ontario, the individual will work in close collaboration with the Marketing Communications team and other portfolios. This position will support the strategic and operational marketing priorities of the national office, with a strong emphasis on digital marketing and digital strategy. Responsibilities include overseeing all digital platforms that support CMHA National – including website properties, e-marketing communication, digital advertising, and applications development. Management of these platforms includes overseeing content management, usability improvements analytics and maintenance.
Location: This position will be based at our office, located in downtown Toronto. However, until further notice, staff are working from home.
- Participate in strategic planning, development of digital marketing materials and lead project management:
- In collaboration with other partners/sponsors and portfolios, lead the strategy and development of digital marketing materials for major national programs and campaigns such as BounceBack, Not Myself Today, campus peer support, government relations advocacy and other projects and releases.
- Lead the planning, project management and oversight of all CMHA National website properties (mostly on WordPress), including working with vendors and IT department on the upgrade and expansion of the “shared web platform” across the federation.
- Support the National Director of Communications in the planning and execution of a nationwide organizational rebranding exercise, including stakeholder engagement, RFP process, agency selection, creative development, naming exercise, creative asset development, approvals, and deployment.
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship building internally and externally:
- Work with CMHA federation stakeholders on a longer-term plan to streamline our digital presence and create “one front door” to all mental health programs, services, and information across Canada.
- Oversee external vendors, including web developers, designers, advertising agencies, partner agencies in a timely, thoughtful, and collaborative manner to make sure we deliver on time and on budget.
- Create engaging content and support day to day operations:
- Plan, create and edit a variety of professional and engaging mental health content such as videos, web copy, articles, blogs, social media content, marketing copy.
- Monitor and report on digital analytics in an effort to understand, grow and report on our email marketing, social followers, website visitors, newsletter subscribers.
- Effectively manage workflow and timelines pertaining to a variety of marketing communications projects simultaneously, in various stages of completion.
- Actively participate in team meetings and provide input/suggestion/feedback on initiatives within the scope of the Marketing Communications team.
Education & Qualification:
- University degree in related discipline i.e., preferably in Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing or related field.
- 5 years of proven experience supporting or leading digital marketing planning and execution.
- Experience in a charitable or non-profit environment, with a focus on health, mental health, public health or population health, or experience in a digital marketing agency is an asset.
- A deep and thorough understanding of and expertise in platforms including Facebook, Google Analytics, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, digital strategy and knowledge of current and emerging digital platforms (mobile, tablet, social, marketing automation).
- Demonstrated experience with digital measurement and associated analytics and reporting tools.
- Sound working knowledge of all aspects of web-based communications, including site development, site design and navigation, content creation and maintenance.
- Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in digital communications and content knowledge.
- Demonstrate high levels of computer literacy and have a strong facility with the Internet, as well as with various software programs including Word, PowerPoint, spreadsheets and database management programs.
- Exceptional oral, written and digital communication, relationship management, and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills, creative management skills and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven ability to think strategically and be creative and resourceful to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to build consensus, manage multiple stakeholder relationships and inspire confidence in both internal and external teams, including senior leaders.
- Resourceful, hands-on self-starter with a strong work ethic and a collaborative, team-oriented style
- A fast learner who follows trends and innovation in digital media and communications.
- Effectively able to work under pressure and manage change in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision in a remote work setting.
- Capability to work independently or within group dynamics as required.
- Highly motivated and passionate about mental health.
- Bilingual (French & English) would be a significant asset.
Compensation: $70,000-$75,000 per year along with benefits, a flexible work environment and a workplace culture committed to personal wellbeing and psychological safety.
Working conditions: This is a full-time position, working standard office hours (currently 35 hours/week). This position functions in a normal office environment, using typical office equipment, with extended periods of sitting, telephone interaction and/or working at a computer and no unusual physical demands. During the COVID pandemic, National staff are primarily working virtually.
Are you a fit?
If you are interested in applying for the role, please submit a PDF copy of your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com by July 7th, 2021. The subject line should mention “National Manager, Digital Marketing”. We thank you for your interest and please note that only those identified for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about CMHA, visit: www.cmha.ca
CMHA is committed to our workforce reflecting the diversity of the communities within which we work. As such, we encourage applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the diversity of our staff.